Sign up for ‘Gorilla Activism’ workshop 20-27 June! It is no wonder that the world has been changing fast in the past decade, and the ways in which we conduct journalism, activism and storytelling have also changed. GORILLA ACTIVISM is an 8-day workshop that will take place between June 20-27, 2011, to empower Cypriot youth with innovative and fun tools and skills required to engage with and combine citizen journalism, digital storytelling and guerilla activism. We want to help you discover new ways of expressing yourself and becoming powerful actors of change within your community! Topics to be covered include: Citizen Journalism, Media Literacy, Social Networking, Viral Marketing, Guerilla Activism, Conflict and Media, Digital Storytelling.
PARTICIPATION IS FREE BUT SPACES ARE LIMITED – RESERVE YOUR SPACE SOON! Download the flyer here.
* Must be between the ages of 18-28
* Must be at least moderately fluent in English
* Must be willing to participate in a bi-communal / multicultural activity
* Must be willing to create, as part of a group, short films on Cyprus and Cypriot culture and life
* Some previous activism and/or media making experience preferable
***All accommodation, food and transportation will be covered.
To fill in an application form, please contact:
Mehmet Erdoğan + 90 392 22 firstname.lastname@example.org
Sophia Loukaides + 357 email@example.com
Beran Djemal + 357 firstname.lastname@example.org