The Cyprus Community Media Centre (CCMC) continues its efforts to empower and support local civil society organisations island-wide, through the launch of its new training schedule.
The trainings cover a range of topics aiming to assist Cypriot civil society organisations with their media skills and communications with the public. These workshops are part of CCMC’s mission to support civil society on the island. By attending these trainings our members can empower themselves with the skills and confidence to be even more effective in their work.
All sessions will take place at CCMC’s Community Space. The premises are on the grounds of Ledra Palace, Nicosia, making it accessible to all the communities of the island. Training is conducted in English, with Greek and Turkish speakers providing language support throughout. The full list of workshops is as follows:
- 3 November 2010: Planning a Successful Event
- 11 November 2010: Basic Invitation Design
- 24 November 2010: Strategic Communications
- 30 November 2010: How to: Podcast
- 3, 4, 5 December 2010: Digital Storytelling
- 7 December 2010: Blogging
- 19 January 2011: Working with the Media
- 22 January 2011: Media Crisis Management
- 2 and 3 February 2011: Video Production
- 16 and 17 February 2011: Video Editing
Registration is necessary and open to civil society organisations, NGOs, and individuals working on multicultural or inter-communal activities, with priority given to CCMC’s members.
All sessions are free of charge.